FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First class retrofit info
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:53 am
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I think LH has consistently shown the industry it is possible to run an airline profitably without government support in the last 12 years..
... as long as you enjoy a quasi-monopoly, a blind press which prints "safest airline, most on-time airline" without wasting a minute on research, and a legal system which backs the even most questionable actions of your group.
The insinuation in this thread that LH's management is completely unaware or the world and doesn't know what is going on is ridiculous.
I think that the underlying tone of those opposed to their actions is actually worse - sure people like me believe that they don't have to be aware of the world as they have their captive market ... but given that it is not rocket science to check what the others are doing, I assume that they use their magic and unfair powers to the fullest extent.
The top management is fully aware that their hardware, including the new toys, is atavistic junk but they still work the leverage between what they spend and what they can extort quite skillfully.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The customers are content with what they get and feel great with the product they currently 'enjoy..
These are strong assumptions ... not dissimilar to claiming that the people are pleased with the German fiscal system as they keep forking up its seemingly high 'fares'.