FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Border Patrol checkpoint on I-10 in west Texas
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:22 pm
T-the-B

Programs: DL, WN, US, Avis, AA
Originally Posted by Firebug4
I am not sure if this was directed at me but I missed it either way. Taking for granted the officer doesn't see anything associated with the vehicle. You are cool as a cucumber (not nervous etc) you are free to go. The officer may still ask the question concerning your citizenship even if you offered it in the greeting without being asked.

FB
If one watches the videos posted at www.checkpointusa.org it paints quite a different picture from your assertion. One can even see a clip where the border patrol person admits that he knows who Mr. Bressi is and still he refuses to let him pass in an expeditious manner. There is another clip where an agent shouts, "Hi Terry" as Mr. Bressi pulls up to the checkpoint. It is clear that he is known to the agents but he is still detained. Could you explain what accounts for the discrepancy between your statement as to how things would work and the reality captured on video by Mr. Bressi?