FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First class retrofit info
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:00 pm
ogepma

Programs: BA, LH, VS Silver, EK
Originally Posted by ismann
I think you've misinterpreted LHPII's point, which was: LH does do careful market research to monitor consumer perception of its products, but the opinions expressed on FT are probably not representative of the average LH customer's opinions.

Naturally, customers will always want the best hard product, the best service, the largest network and the lowest price (among other things). Since it is impossible to meet all of these competing demands while remaining profitable, the challenge for a company like LH is to find the right trade-offs that keep customers and shareholders reasonably happy.

To suggest that LH management is stupid for not doing everything that FTers want them to is, well, stupid. As responsible managers they should consider the customer feedback we post to this board as valuable input in the decision making process, but then make decisions that are best for the business.
^^^ That is exactly my point to, I totally agree with you

Originally Posted by saviox
I am not sure if FT is the place to say how good LH is.

By no means I will say LH is a bad airline, because I do not think so, but I agree with others that the current C seat is out of date, seing other top players in the industry.

It is true that LH is doing very well, but it helps to have an inmense captive market in Germany, where very likely 90%of the companies have private agreements with the airline.
FT is definately the place for everyone to say how good they think an airline is. I certainly agree with you and others also about the C product. The problem here is that everyones saying it is so bad when it is actually not that bad. It is decent enough. Having flown on VS C and BA C I think they can still compete with these two in terms of service and def. price and comfort to an extent.

Last edited by ogepma; Aug 30, 2010 at 10:06 pm