FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Organized resistance to WBI/invasive patdowns
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:41 pm
Wimpie

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by newhaven
The image is too small and its usage rights are unclear.
I have the usage rights. I can send the email to you or you can contact the person yourself.
Here's the bulk of our conversation:

Can you send us a copy in the highest resolution that you have...

I have attached a tif file that I am happy for you to use. The image is as received from Rapiscan, the larger images I have displayed in art exhibitions where created by increasing the contrast and placing the image through a barrel scan. For your purposes you are probably better using the original low-res image supplied by Rapiscan.

For your information: - The image was created in 2006 at a security trade fair in earls court, London. I was scanned in a public place waring a heavy gray suite, shirt, and tie. I was given permission, by Rapiscan, to be scanned for an artwork i was creating [ see 'Self Portrait using Backscatter Radiation' - http://www.rupture.co.uk/Self_portrait.html ].

Do you object to us trying to get this image into the mainstream media to raise awareness to the level of detail in these images.

No. I feel that the public should be involved in the widest and most informed discussion about the use of these sorts of technology.

If you agree to let us use your image, do you or do you not want your name or other credit embedded?

I would appreciate it if you could credit the image to johnwild.info. This allows interested parties, like yourself, to contact me.

Hope this is useful and good luck with your campaign.

John Wild.
Same image with different image processing and size:

http://rupture.co.uk/Terminal%204.html

Incidentally, this is the image that epic.org used in their most recent law suit demanding suspension of the nude-o-scope program.