FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Border Patrol checkpoint on I-10 in west Texas
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:54 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
And as troubling as that may be, what percentage of those people were career criminals to begin with? I'll submit that most of those instances involve career criminals who had been through the system several times before. I'm not losing much sleep over them.
Tulia is in Texas. Right below you say what happened was disgusting but right above you say that you don't leave sleep over in the "several people imprisoned for years have been released after learning that evidence had been withheld or false testimony was given by Law Enforcement" in Texas. Which is it?

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
Pure racism, absolutely disgusting. I find it ridiculous that any prosecutor would take a case to court based solely on the testimony of the officer with such scant evidence. I find it ridiculous that any jury of 12 people would convict on such scant evidence. I think is more an example of racism than deliberate trampling of civil rights.
Had you been on the jury, based on your posts here, it is almost clear to me that you would have convicted as well.