FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First class retrofit info
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:21 pm
more4less

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by ogepma
AZ has no choice, they have to win passangers back

I am just wondering, if Wolfgang has lost touch with reality why is LH doing so well in almost everything atm? Why have they grown so big and why are they still a prefered carrier to people who don't care at all about lie flat, fully flat etc (which is the majority of the 50+ million people that flew LH last year). INfact I can tell you that he is very much in touch with reality. LH is a REALIABLE AND CONSISTENT airline (I THink it is high-time everyone got that in their heads!) and being such an airline does not mean introducing new products every 2 to 3 years and introducing fancy stuff everytime whilst sacrificing service standards and other things that really matter to the average passenger. This is why LH is a successful airline today. Their management have a strong business plan which is working very well for them. They are very balanced and fair well in almost everything they do (at least the most important ones). LH's business module is like a mix of american airlines and asian airlines however, there seems to be some kind of balance were they are still very coperate but they still have very decent service and at the end of the day, they have still been voted as the best airline in europe by SKYTRAX

Btw, Swiss has only 15 a340s to refit with their new cabins which they introduced over a year ago and i don't think even one has the new cabin yet. LH has 98 with 33 more on order. so........
I am not sure if FT is the place to say how good LH is.

By no means I will say LH is a bad airline, because I do not think so, but I agree with others that the current C seat is out of date, seing other top players in the industry.

It is true that LH is doing very well, but it helps to have an inmense captive market in Germany, where very likely 90%of the companies have private agreements with the airline.