FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:42 am
learningtime

Agree

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
Consider this: despite some excellent free press earlier this year (thanx alot WSJ), order to ship times are way down, and the congressional requirement isn't going anywhere.

We all know people (friends, family, co-workers) who know that we order coins, but simply aren't interested in doing it themselves. They *know* that we're racking up miles n' points, but their eyes glaze over after 'they get delivered to your house or PO box...'

This is so true and applies to FTers and non FTers. My husband is aware of the WSJ story so he knows folks do this but thinks it's too much of a hassle. I am an FTer but I keep trying to find other things rather than doing this. I keep thinking about how to store those boxes and when to take them to the bank and which bank (my credit union said I'd have to run them thru' the coin machine :-( ..). So, some hints here and there probably and hopefully won't hurt or kill the deal. This is very different from citi account funding, it requires work.

Having said that, going by my recent record at scoring cc approvals, darn those experian inquiries from citi account funding days, I think I'm going to HAVE to do this if I want to go on a vacation anywhere next year. And no, not paying for a vacation, FT spoiled me