FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip
Old Aug 30, 2010, 2:25 am
msp2msy

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Wow. Very nice word choice, serendipity.

I think it's been reported that if your positioning flight on DL is too close in time to the "bonus" flight (within 4 hours?), there might be problems...but, that a kind email to Kevin Pinto will correct the issue.
That may be the case for me.

I did:
MSY-ATL-PIT
PIT-ATL-LAS(stop)-LAX-IND-CVG-PIT
PIT-DTW-MKE-MSP

A hub bonus of 2.5K and 526mqm showed up almost immediately for ATL-PIT. The PIT-ATL-LAS segments didn't post and I saw no other bonus.

Upon investigation, the system didn't like the close proximity of the separate PNR's containing ATL-PIT-ATL. A call quickly got the missing segments posted though. At the same time, a 2500 rdm and 526 mqm bonus posted for travel to a hub city. No other bonuses have posted.

A 2nd call resulted in one very confused and kind of annoyed rep who had a difficult time understanding that what should have posted was the pit-las-pit trip for quite a few more mqm and 10k non-hub rdm bonus.

Trying to be patient and see if her request to the skymiles team to investigate gets this resolved. Hope so!