FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it normally this hard to get missing reward credit?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 2:19 pm
camargo

Originally Posted by sdsearch
(And remember, they don't give you these miles from missing posts out of the goodness of their hearts. They have do document with i's dotted and t's crossed whether the dine was valid because they're going to adjust the restaurant's account for the dine. There's real money involved here between RN and the restaurant, even though it may be only miles between RN and you.)
That's a very important point, sdsearch and it's one that I've mentioned before about companies that give out rewards because you do business with their clientel.

RN (and other companies like MyPoints, Open Table, etc.) should be aggresively on your side because it's money in their pocket. They should want to hear from if something slipped through.

My experience with RN, the few times that I've had a problem, was that if I called them I got a good response. Usually they asked a few questions and asked me if I could fax over a copy of the receipt. I've never had a dining reward request rejected and, sometimes, the points would post within a day.

Just keep your receipt until the miles post and, if you need it, it should be pretty easy.