FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First/Business Class: Should there be age restrictions?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:09 am
MelesMeles

Programs: OnePass Platinum, *G, Amex Plat, Priority Pass Prestige, Costa Coffee Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by planemechanic
Ridiculous. Four year old's don't know better, but are part of society that you need to learn to deal with. 35 year olds SHOULD know better and society has higher expectation of them. You also need to learn how to deal with 35 year olds who act like four year olds.
That's what I mean by "within reason". Obviously, a kid crying because they're scared, or just talking loudly about their colouring book shouldn't be a problem.

Not true. The soiled seat cushion and cover would be replaced at the next opportunity. The seat would be blocked off if needed.
I'm surprised, but that just goes to show how very little I know! I suppose it makes sense though. Those seats are so expensive, it's sensible to have them modular so that bits can be swapped out if there's a problem.

Don't be a victim. Learn to speak up. As Ann Landers often said, "No one takes advantage of you without your permission".
I did speak up. I told the flight attendant, I told the mother, and I told the airline after the fact. The flight attendant passed the ball, the mother refused to do anything, and the airline just wasn't interested. If you've had success with other means, I'd be really grateful if you could share; I'd love to know what to do better!