FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free parking in Lincoln Park?
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2010, 4:46 pm
WildRyan

Programs: AA, MR, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Two thoughts:
1. You can only buy stickers/permits if you reside in a neighborhood. So someone new to Chicago who lives downtown couldn't buy Lincoln Park daily permits.
2. When I see a car with multiple daily permits, I assume they haven't bothered to pull off old permits when adding a new daily permit. Are you sure you're seeing cars with daily permits for days in the future?
1. You might be able to find someone in the neighborhood that could be helpful in lending a hand and giving out some of the Lincoln Park zone permits

2. Yes, I have checked the dates, and they are for consecutive days. From what I can recall it's illegal to drive with obstructions in your window. A car displaying 7-10 permits would more than likely be in violation of this law.

Protip: The adhesive on the parking permits for this year tends to leave a paper/glue residue behind when removed. I usually make sure the permit is firmly wedged in between the window and dash and I skip putting the sticker directly on the window using the adhesive backing.