FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Slam 2010!
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:57 pm
ArizonaGuy

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by muflyer
Great thread everyone...I am just curious as this is my 1st run at this promo...
How can I get DM credits for having a beer (or this year dinner) at a SPG property? Wouldn't you have to check in and charge it to your room and then have the whole thing credited to DM. I have a couple nights coming up at a *wood and I imagine I will have dinner on site at least one night. Is it possible to dine and accrue DM miles for the meal and still have the normal *wood points go to my SPG account?
To get SPG credit by dining only without staying, the restaurant is supposed to be able to provide you with a form (a small green postcard size if I recall correctly) that you put your info on and turn it in at the front desk. Not every property is aware of this. Save your receipt in any case and you can contact SPG for follow-up credit if need be.

You would need to change your SPG earning preference to US Airways - you can't dine during a stay, get US credit for that dine and SPG points for the stay - unless perhaps you let the stay credit to SPG, then change your earning preference and request missing "stay" credit for the dine. Too much hassle in my opinion.

For non-status SPG people it will cost at least $50 per dine. I can fine comparable rates to that at some local Choice properties or an IHG Candlewood Suites location. Not for this promo, but I've wondered in the past for Hyatt or SPG runs whether I could go "stay" at two or more properties the same night and get full credit for all the stays. Because if it gets down to the wire on this Grand Slam and I have hotel stays left to use, I'd consider doing several on a single night.