FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help needed for connecting flight at PHL (flight US759, ATH-PHL-LGA)
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:59 am
scharal

Help needed for connecting flight at PHL (flight US759, ATH-PHL-LGA)

Greetings everybody. This is my first post on the forum...!

In early September I will be on US759, US Airways international flight, from ATH to LGA, with a plane change in PHL. Since I am a Greek citizen and this is my first time in the USA I am expecting a customs/immigration check at PHL (I have already obtained my ESTA approval). According to my ticket I arrive at PHL at 16:00, at terminal B and my next flight to LGA leaves at 17:55, from terminal F. I will have a suitcase (handed over to check-in in ATH) and carry a medium backpack in the cabin (filled with an SLR camera, a netbook and some light clothes).

1.What are the exact steps I need to take from the point the plane lands at PHL up to the point of getting on the next plane to LGA?

2. In customs check are they going to get really curious in examining/asking about my netbook and SLR camera? Do you thing that these going to be a considerable delaying factor for me?

3. I am looking at PHL map but I can't figure out where is the exact waiting point for the shuttle bus to terminal F, after I clear customs/immigration. Can anybody help me with this? How far away (in terms of time) from terminal B is terminal F? How often shuttle busses pass in general?

4. Is 01:55 an adequate time range in order to timely make it to my next flight to LGA? In case I got delayed at customs/immigration, thus won't make it to my next flight, will US Airways put me on the next available flight to LGA or will I loose my ticket? What if all next available flights are already fully booked with passengers? In this case, can I instead choose to fly to JFK or EWR on the same ticket?

5. Is there anything else that I should keep in mind as regards this flight?

Since this is my first US visit and I am a bit anxious with the timeframes I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!