FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New landing preparation procedures...
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:45 pm
scruffair

Programs: UA Platinum
Others can chime in on their experiences, but, to be honest, I've often felt pressure from FA's to give them my drink, return traytable, etc. during their post-chime walkthrough. I feel they frequently give glares and eye-rolls if you don't give them your trash during that time. So much so, in fact, that on every flight when I see them doing the post-chime walkthrough, I make sure to turn my head toward the window so they don't bother me. This seems to work and then i give them my trash during the final preparation.

Has anyone else ever had it happen where the pilots forgot to make the final announcement? I remember a flight about 8 years ago into ORD where I could tell we were about 2 minutes away from landing as we were landing to the west and were already well past the lakefront. Many pax still had drinks and food on their tray-table. All of a sudden, an announcement from the flight deck said "flight attendants, please prepare for IMMEDIATE landing." The FA's looked at each other kind of frozen. Then they quickly took their jump-seats and just made an announcement over the PA telling everyone to put their tray tables up and bring seats to upright position immediately. i had to hold my drink in my lap and many others did as well. Interesting!