FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Organized resistance to WBI/invasive patdowns
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:13 pm
Wally Bird

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by WhitePlains
Why not start an internet based action group first: you can harness a lot of more people and their efforts.
There are plenty of those already, in fact you're in one now.

I've stated before that real change is only going to come through concerted, direct action. But there's a price to pay. Any visible protest is going to draw the attention of the TSA staff at the airport and most probably the local PD. You will also likely be ridiculed or confronted by those passengers who disagree with you (no names, you know who you are).

A peaceful, legitimate protest ought to be protected by the Constitution but many a TSO has told us that the Constitution does not apply at airports; something which seems to be confirmed on a daily basis. You can expect to be harrassed (at least) and arrested (highly likely) when participating in an airport demonstration.

I'm prepared to be, but then I don't have a family to support or a job to hold on to. (No I'm not a bum, I'm retired.) I think a less risky plan would be to demonstrate at a less umm... sensitive location - the Court House or the DHS' offices or, and this would take a lot to organise, the US Capitol.

But I fear the three of us won't make much of a news story .