FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ever seen TSA in Airport Clubs?
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:49 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much

I gave up my place in line and followed him over to the sugar & milk bar. I told him that I was a 25-year + retired military officer (not uncommon in AZ) and current federal civil servant and did he know that he had just committed a violation of government ethics rules? After he looked at me with the "Just who do you think you are?" look, I told him he had violated the rule on using your office for personal gain by cutting to the head of the coffee shop line. His response was that he only had a few minutes for his break. My response was, "It doesn't matter." I suggested to him that he probably didn't want to end a promising TSA career on an ethics violation. He walked away and that was the end of it. Did he butt to the head of the line the next day and the day after that? Who knows.

So, if anyone ever sees a screener in a club using his office for personal gain, by all means take a couple of pictures, try to get his name, and call or email the DHS Inspector General (IG) Hot Line.
Excellent advice, and spot on. Back when I was on detail to an EOP Agency, one of our employees tried to use his position to get on a flight that was apparently full, claiming he was an important government official who "needed to get back to DC immediately." Well, the GA wasn't impressed, and reported it to management, who called us to complain. Had the individual in question not been a Schedule C political with connections, he probably would have been fired on the spot. As it was, a few months later he let to "pursue other opportunities."