FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:13 pm
VegasCableGuy

Programs: WN A++, Marriott Plat, Avis 1
Originally Posted by doober
Personally, I totally disagree: you were grabbed and squeezed, that's sexual assault.

What are they going to do with women wearing sanitary napkins - put their hands into the crotch and poke and prod the napkin to determine if they can "feel" anything? What about individuals wearing incontinence products - are they going to push and prod those products also?

I think you should file an assault charge against the man who did this to you. If enough people file charges, perhaps practices like this will stop.
I certainly don't think it's right. What I mean to say is that my complaint won't hold any weight with TSA if they claim their new policy says it's proper to include aggressive contact with sensitive areas during screening.

I will say this tho: Media articles are notoriously fast and loose with details so I'll wait for others to weigh in with their experiences with the new procedure as well as an official TSA statement. I'm concerned that they're launching this without notification or even a mention on their blog. It leaves all sorts of questions up in the air. Was I subjected to a poorly executed Patdown 1.0, or was this a routine Enhanced Patdown 2.0?

I'll give them a few more days for a reply to my message. If it wasn't placed in the circular file, I expect they're communicating with the guys at OMA to review procedures and formulate a reply.