FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ooma
Thread: Ooma
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:02 am
nmenaker

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I don't think I have ever had a "down" scenario, but I HAVE had times when the voice quality seemed to be suffering while the network had no performance issues. One nice thing abou the oomas, is one can artificially SET a higher bitrate for both better performance and much better call quality - arguably better than any landline quality.

As for the telo v. core, I haven't moved to the telo for a couple reasons. I don't like DECT phones and this is the handset that enables a lot of the features that the Telo offers. Although of course, one can plug in any type of handset or cordless setup they want. Some of the newer features, like using your bluetooth phone to connect to the base station so you can use it in the house, pick which ringing you want to happen, only are avaiable on he Telo. Also, I think the new iphone app allows remote configuration of only the Telo station.

That said, for the 150-175$ that these Cores have been going for in the past few months, I would probably just go that route - save some coin and if in the future one wants to have the more features I think the value of the current cores will maintain itself since it will carry the lifetime free services T&C's.