FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010
Old Aug 20, 2010, 2:07 am
yeunganson

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
It is not a good promo

We have to be an honest critic here. This is a sh#$@y promo. The double points/triple points is weak.

But the most major problem is too many properties are not participating. Are there more than nomral property that decided not to join this promotion - perhaps reconizing this promotion is non-effective?

Maybe I am just extremely unlucky that the places I freqent has low participation.

Here's my list

Seattle Washington - nothing.... only Sheraton Bellevue Hotel and it's not really in seattle. If I want those extra points, I have to go way out of my way to stay in Bellevue.

None of the Hong Kong's two property is participates?

Where's the country called "Hong Kong" ? It's a normal cultural convention that you consider Hong Kong a country, not a province part of China. This same applies to Macau and Taiwan. The person doing cultural research need to get some schooling.

My standard Sharaton Miyako Tokyo is not on the list. Nor is my Sharaton at Yokohama... Really not going to pony up so much for the Westin Tokyo.

Those hotels are about 80% of my remaining stays...

I am left with a few nights at Kyoto's Westin and a few nights in Vancouver that qualifies.