FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum miles needed to access ANA *A availability tool
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:27 pm
CPRich
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Minimum miles needed to access ANA *A availability tool

This seems to be an active conversation on at least 3 forums, and I suspect UA and others where I don't hang out.

ANA has restricted access to the *A availability function for those without miles in their account. A few members transferred 1 mile over, which worked for a bit but now is also restricted. From my current read, 50 miles doesn't get access and 100 does, so the magic balance is somewhere in the middle.

If others can post their balances and whether or not they have access, we should be able to determine the cutoff. And SPG PLT member can transfer any number of points, as low as 1, so we should be able to to find the number pretty quickly.

Yes, I know there are workarounds, yes I know it's subject to change at any time, yes I know KVS can get you the same feature. But isn't figuring out these very detailed features of a FF program an embodiment of the FT spirit?

I'm waiting on confirmation of the 50/100 data points in the BMI forum, and I can try 75 next from SPG. Anyone know the posting lag for SPG transfers?