FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 18, 2010, 4:19 am
gregorygrady

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
The prime free Summer parking gig mentioned earlier in this thread is over.
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
If you are visiting when a particular event is going on any day at the ford event center then you wont be able to park in the garage and they'll usually make you park below. I have been forced to park in several different lots based on just who is working, events going on, and length of stay. Again if there is an event at the ford center you wont be allowed to park in the garage usually so i wouldn't assume its over.
Originally Posted by astan100
As others have stated, you MUST valet park.
So it looks like they changed the parking situation a little bit since I was there last summer. Their is new signage in the Beaver Creek Village parking garage that specifically says "Park Hyatt Reserved Parking" along with a stall #. IIRC that is where I parked for free last summer. However I still was able to find parking in the same garage, just a level lower with a different entrance. It's where the public parks in the summer when visiting BC Village or the Ford Center. Sometimes there's attendants manned at the booth but they will let you park in there. Just don't tell them that you're parking overnight and nothing seems to happen. We parked there for 3 nights without a problem. It's a little difficult to find, ESPECIALLY if you've never been there before, but it IS available nonetheless if you don't mind taking the small risk. Just park towards the end and you can either exit the garage directly into BC Village which is right next to the PH side entrance (by the business center and Concierge), or else if you step over the halfway roped off gate and hook your second left, you will come upon the garage elevator which will take you directly into the PH lobby. I wouldn't recommend this for newbies on their first day, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it again myself. ^

BTW, the 8100 Bar & Grill had some pretty good Happy Hour deals during July from 4-6PM and 9PM-Close. $3 draft beers (including my favorite beer, Guinness) and $5 cocktails and appetizers of which there were some pretty good selections including a mini-steak which was quite tasty. Also they had $10 burger and a beer specials everyday from Noon-Close.

I had the buffet breakfast a couple times and then grabbed a quick takeaway breakfast one morning when we had to be out of there for our rafting trip before the buffet opened. I would definitely stick to the buffet, although the lady in the Cafe was pretty nice and ended up letting us order pertty much anything we wanted in their. We even grabbed a sandwich for lunch and threw that on our free Diamond breakfast tab. ^ Although I still don't think our total was anywhere near what they would have charged for the buffet.