FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Belt Rules (Different experiences @ BOS this weekend, Follow-up to TSA)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:41 am
We Will Never Forget

Programs: PC Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Uh, nice theory but it doesn't address the point. OP was told that BOS and LAS were the "initial airports" for this "new policy" and there are a lot more airports with WBI than BOS and LAS. Furthermore the OP indicated that he was instructed to remove his belt as he was headed for the WTMD (not the WBI) and he was later told the policy was for all passengers, not just those going to/through the nude-o-scope.

Unless of course, there's a "new" policy of belts off for the WBI, but the idiot in BOS thought it would be easier (for him) to claim it was for all passengers.

Or BOS is setting up to be the next "everyone goes through the nude-o-scope" like ELP.
I hate to say it, but if the screener was claiming it was for all passengers, you've justified the argument. You have said "Why BOS and not all airports", which inevitably translates to "why me and not everyone else?". Rather than having that conversation with a hundred passengers, they probably thought it was more efficient to do it that way. I don't always fault screeners for trying to avoid the whole "WTMD debate" scenario. I've been behind plenty of people in line who claim "this doesn't ring" while watching the metal detector go off. This is inevitably followed by the "it didn't go off in XXX" conversation. I really don't care where it did or didn't go off, shut up and get through the mag so I can get my stocking feet of this nasty floor.