FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL Customer Care makes things right on IDB and mishandled VDB
Old Aug 17, 2010, 6:51 pm
mersk862
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Maybe you feel guilty on your own accord? plain and simple, you made out like a bandit. And again, I seriously doubt anyone else would have gotten the treatment that you got.

Here's an example. I go to a yankees game. I complain about my seats to the head of security who I happen to have a working relationship with due to previous issues and complaints. Because of my previous contact with the head of security, he moves me to field level seats and I get comped all the drinks and food I can eat/drink. I then start a thread on a yankee forum about how great the NY Yankees are. In reality, this wouldnt happen to the average jane/joe, but only the individual who has the proper point of contact with the yankees, or in your case, Delta.

This is a public forum after all, right? so, you started a thread, people commented on it, no one was out of line, I offered my piece, you didnt like it, such is life in the delta world; and it goes on and on and on.
But...the thing is, the OP states quite clearly that he sent in the e-mail via TTU. A TTU is a PMNW term for the email via the contact us link. Nowhere does the OP state that he e-mailed any of his special contacts - he sent it in just like any regular person would via a webform to some anonymous contact.

From there, my guess is his account is flagged where if something gets sent in, it goes to some person with some power - due to him being a high-profit customer - nothing the OP can do here other than not buy so many full fare tickets. From there, it got handled by those people who had it in front of them to address the situation.

Nowhere did the OP (other than a passing remark unrelated to the situation) mention anything about his contact.

As I mentioned above, Delta now has a new loyalty system that makes it quite easy to identify extremely high value customers. It wouldn't shock me if one of them sends in something, it goes to someone with some authority.

End of the day, the OP got the treatment he got because he's extremely profitable to Delta - my guess based on his posting history, if the Exec Partner program was still around, he'd be one of them. The fact that Delta is making damn sure that it's taking care of its most profitable customers is a good thing from a shareholders viewpoint - you don't want those folks leaving for other pastures.