FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Historical questions about LAX, AA, and other airlines' routes and ops
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:19 am
alison11

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Fortunately, TBIT seems to be improving with [url=http://bit.ly/dwPFWO]Bra

All this is great, but the problem remains that LAX is still wretched by horrendous traffic. The flashy aspect of modernizing terminals is great, but improving transit infrastructure to/from LAX must also be taken into consideration. As it stands now, the traffic jams at LAX reminds me of a third world airport with the only difference is that it's full of limos, Mercedes, BMWs, and a bunch of parking and hotel shuttles.
Absolutely. What got me to this project for my urban planning class was air access and how Los Angeles has lacked a direct downtown-airport connection for 70 years. And its terminal amalgamation makes transiting flights difficult. additionally, there is no rhyme or reason to how it is laid out. I can think of no other large American city lacking a nonstop downtown-airport connection