FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spending $250K for Centurion, How About IRS? Large Cash deposits out of your league?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 4:28 pm
boncovi

Originally Posted by writetorich
So American Express is giving you a spend ability that is 50% of your ANNUAL gross income before you buy discretionary items such as rent/mortgage, Food, Insurance and income taxes?

If you stated $60K income on your application or even only fudged a little bit, I am surprised that you have not had your account shut own.

A personal green card is issued for personal expense.

BTW, You are not a "green member"-- I'd beg to differ and say that you are a customer of a for profit business. AMEX, is not an exclusive club with a membership review committee

This green card is my first Amex and I got it on Feb. 2010. I checked "pre-qualified" offers and there were two. Green and Gold charge cards. I didn't want to risk it and applied for Green. Got approved.

I also one more credit card from BofA with $500 (fivehundreddollars) limit. That's it.

I stated $60K salary income on the application and nothing else.

First month, happened to be car's service period. I charged $2,200. With the expenses it came up to $3,800 that month

Second month, $4,750
Third month $7,650
Fourth: 15,900
Fifth: 19,300
This month (not cut yet): 9,400

As I said, most of these expenses were for girlfriend, girlfriend's mom's plane tickets, friends' tuition, other friends' purchases etc.

These numbers are statement balances. which means, no charge was declined. First month, it allowed me to charge $3,800. It also allowed me to charge $18,000 without any payment until the due date.

I guess I don't need to say that I always paid on time.

Regarding being a green member, I called Amex last month and asked about upgrading to gold or possibly platinum. I was told that I'm not eligible for an upgrade because I had to complete 12 months with them, then an upgrade link would automatically show up on my online account on 13th. month.

So, this is the story about the numbers.

Anyone has an idea about spending larger / depositing larger amounts, I would love to hear.