FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:46 am
blakeIV

Programs: AA, UA Gold, SPG, Marriott Gold
Thanks for all the info in this thread. My story and a question below:

I applied for business card and was approved after calling with app ID. I do have a personal citi AA MC that is 11 months old. This is my 4th citi card overall, btw.

I also applied for a business card for my wife and she did not get an app ID and calling did not help. I assume that is in snail mail limbo.

Based on this thread, I doubt I'd be approved a personal citi AmX since I have the personal citi AA mastercard open (bonus for 1st timers only, blah blah blah).

I would like to apply for a personal citi Amx for my wife and get another 75k. She does have a citi AA MC, but its the non-annual fee version getting 1 mile per $2 spend. And she has had the card since 2005. Any thoughts on whether she would be denied based on that crappy card (not being a first time applicant)? Also, should I wait until the business card app is resolved before applying for a personal card? Not sure if the dual applications would matter.