FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:45 am
bernardd

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by Long Haul Flyer
So all I have to do is pass thru immigration at T3 to go landside, take the HEX to go to T4 and then onto T5 and go through arrival check-in again?
IIRC it's the "tube" or "underground" that connects T3 - T4 and the HEX that connects T3 - T5.

You'll pass through immigration when you get to T3, take the Tube to T4, then on return take the Tube to T3, connect immediately to the HEX to T5 and then go through the regular departures in T5 as though you were originating in the UK. Hopefully you'll get the boarding pass from LHR to your final destination in Canada.

Originally Posted by Long Haul Flyer
Also if my luggage is to be checked-in all the way to the final destination, will I have to retrieve my luggage when I pass to the landside? Logic tells me no as the airline couldn't possibly know my intention to go landside. Unless it is the rule to retrieve and re-check-in the luggage at Heathrow for all international flights (as was what I have experienced at Chicago airport) anyway..?

If your baggage has been checked to your final destination it won't be put onto the carousel and you wait see it in London.