FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:00 pm
oldpenny16
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by MojaveJack
I don't have nearly as many as you guys, but ALL my AA miles came from other sources . I've never flown AA or TWA (where a good portion of my miles came from due to the merger). I got a good chunk of TWA miles back when Sprint was offering a 5K mile signup bonus and AT&T was offering a 5K Continental mile signup bonus. Just kept flipping long distance carriers on my business home phone line and racking up the bonuses w/o ever flying TWA (though I did fly Continental) . Still looking for ways to get "free" miles on (in descending order of preference) Continental, AA, Delta, and USAirways.

And my 500 toolbar miles also finally posted this morning ^:-:. I've got some 100 mile search globs waiting to post. These will be useful to keep extending the expiration date for the AA miles and are easy to generate while watching TV.
A couple years ago I posted the percentage break out of my AA miles, but believe that has changed with a heavy slant to non-flown AA miles. I get a fair share from hotels and partners, a bunch from AA Reward Dining (the old AA-IDine) and tons from AA eshopping.

What we need is a good food item related miles program like the Kellogg's one or the Pudding.