FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:39 pm
MojaveJack

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by pkerr
I'd like to say they were "real" miles (BIS) but most have come from "other" sources. In fact, it wouldn't surprse me if I had the worst ratio of BIS miles to other sources than anyone on FT.
I don't have nearly as many as you guys, but ALL my AA miles came from other sources . I've never flown AA or TWA (where a good portion of my miles came from due to the merger). I got a good chunk of TWA miles back when Sprint was offering a 5K mile signup bonus and AT&T was offering a 5K Continental mile signup bonus. Just kept flipping long distance carriers on my business home phone line and racking up the bonuses w/o ever flying TWA (though I did fly Continental) . Still looking for ways to get "free" miles on (in descending order of preference) Continental, AA, Delta, and USAirways.

And my 500 toolbar miles also finally posted this morning ^:-:. I've got some 100 mile search globs waiting to post. These will be useful to keep extending the expiration date for the AA miles and are easy to generate while watching TV.