FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:56 am
YVR Cockroach
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by rehoult
However, I did get a clear warning that if you are dropping people off, they must take EVERYTHING out of the car with them. You need to cross with you, your car, your belongings, and nothing else.
How long back were you told that? Those were the rules back in 2002, with some added clarification that the dropped-off pax had to vacate the car well before you entered the Nexus lane (could be a long long walk these days). Might be worth inquiring before you do it (each time) just in case rules changed (or someone made up their own).

FWIW, here's another thread discussing the topic. Post 11 appears to confirm what I've been stating (and that's the border crossing where I asked so that cold be local rules). Posts on the 3rd page seems to indicate it's still o.k. Contradicting experience at this one.

My partner's former work colleague, weekly commuter from Seattle area to Vancouver, had his membership revoked for a non-member not taking every thing down (must have gotten lazy). Maybe too many such violations so they may have revoked this feature.

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Aug 11, 2010 at 1:22 am