FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Munich Arabellapark (formerly Sheraton Munich), Germany [Master Thread]
Old Aug 9, 2010, 1:41 pm
TriNorm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Silver
Arrow Four Points Munich Arabellapark (formerly Sheraton Munich), Germany [Master Thread]

I couldn't find a dedicated thread on this hotel, so here we are. . .

I stayed a couple nights here last week while on vacation (weekday stay, 2 nights, C&P); the facility met my needs (roof overhead, bed to sleep on), but overall I was a bit disappointed.

The location is adequate; being on vacation we were touring around and walked downtown (~20 minutes) and through the English garden (~10 minutes.) Check in was okay, wasn't offered my choice of amenities (although amenity points have already posted, so they get points (no pun intended) for that), but was told that I received a room upgrade, and was given basic info on lounge.

While the lobby was fine, the actual floors of the hotel were in horrible state. The facility seems older (which is fine), the carpet was in bad shape and in dire need of replacement (which is less fine), but there was quite literally dirt and garbage strewn about (which is just plain not okay.) In the hotel's defense, there seemed to be lots of kids about (including those that liked to get on the elevator and push every button <sigh>), but the hallways were in bad condition the subsequent day also.

The room was adequate; if it was an upgrade I expect the standard rooms are tiny. It was fine for what we needed, but nothing special; bed/desk/bathroom. Decent view overlooking the city. It did have a small balcony which was nice (not overly functional, but nice.)

The lounge was nice, and the only thing that kept me from disliking the hotel completely. Standard lounge; probably ~8-10 tables and a small couch area. Cold cuts/cheeses/fruit and a warm dish at night, cold cuts/cheeses/fruit/yogurt/bread/muesli in the AM. Beer was free, a Bailey's (which had to be ordered from the bar) was not (but I figured as much, so no worries there.) The employee working the lounge in the evenings (Italian guy whose name I forget) was very nice, albeit overworked towards the end of the night.

Parking was onsite; 20 euro/day. Seemed pricey, but realistically comparable to other hotels in the area.

Bottom line; the lounge was nice, but I wouldn't stay at this facility again unless/until they renovate. The Westin Grand is literally 500 yards (~460 meters if that's how you roll) away and I would try that next time even if it were a few more $$.