FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it normally this hard to get missing reward credit?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:43 am
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Is it normally this hard to get missing reward credit?

A couple of months ago, I decided to use iDine to try a "new" restaurant and logged in to pick a place out. As it was a Friday, I double-checked that the place offered miles on that date ("3 miles/dollar today" said the site). Discover was also running a bonus cashback promo for use at restaurants at the time, so I while on the iDine site I added my Discover card.

Fast forward three weeks with no sign of the miles posting. I figured it had to do with my Discover having been added the same day as the dine, as I had that happen before with my Amex. So I filed a missing reward request and get the generic, "We'll get back to you in 48 hours," note.

Four days later and having heard nothing, I politely inquired as to the status and was told the visit didn't capture properly and to provide the details so they could check on it. I sent those along and waited. And waited. Another inquiry note on the status, and I was asked to send the receipt or credit card statement (I provided these via e-mail). Several days later and still no word, so I sent another inquiry note. "It can take up to a week while we investigate," yadda yadda yadda.

11 days later with no word, I sent another inquiry and offered to provide any additional information they needed. The response this time? "Oh, the restaurant only participates Saturday through Thursday. You visited on a Friday."

I double-checked, and actually the restaurant now only participates Sunday through Thursday (not Saturday, mind you, but that's a minor detail). I'm also equally sure they did participate on Fridays when I originally visited, as I picked which place to visit based on their participation.

Not sure where to go next; it's probably not worth the 200-odd miles to waste any more of my time on it. But dealing with iDine customer service is like pulling teeth; they never seem to respond in the promised timeframe, and now I've reached a "he said, she said" impasse w/r/t the restaurant's participation.

Is it normally this hard for something as simple as a missing reward credit?