FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Icelandair Saga vs Econ Comfort & seat map
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:16 am
tdowl5757

Originally Posted by Donna49
Exactly. I have flown MSP-ARN 4 times in the past 3 months in Saga class. On the MSP-KEF legs, the last 2 rows of the 6 row business section are eco extra.

They put up a little marker on the aisle seats at row 4 to mark the division. The eco extra seats (rows 7-11 or therebouts) are changed to regular economy seats, by lifting up the center seat dropdown seatback which serves as a table and gives eco plus the 2x2 seating when the actual seats are 3x3.

All my flights from MSP have been completely full, so they move eco extra forward, and sell the unconverted exo extra seats (now 3x3) as coach.

My flights from to KEF to ARN are never full and business class is the usual 6 row cabin, with plenty of open seats. Eco extra is where it normally is, with a curtain divider seperating eco extra from coach.

They must make this change on a flight by flight basis. I have flown into KEF on an a/c that had eco extra in the back of business, and eco extra seats changed to coach. Within the 1.5 hr layover, the plane is changed back to normal. Twice, my a/c from MSP-KEF was the same a/c used for KEF-ARN, but when I boarded in KEF, the cabin configuration had changed.

Of course, KEF-ARN is not nearly full. while MSP-KEF always is. I just believe they move eco extra as necessary to maximize revenue, as they can change the eco extra seats to regular coach in minutes.

As far as I know, all FI a/c have the same configuration; 6 rows of business, 4 rows of eco extra, and the rest coach; they just move the actual location of eco extra to meet their needs. Eco extra, when moved, gets a business seat, but just the eco extra level of service.
Aha! thanks for the info.