FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boingo Mobile - Unreliable and Horrible "Customer Service"
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:53 pm
BigFlyer

Update

Original poster here, giving an update. As can be seen early in the thread, I posted my complaints about a trip to Spain earlier in the year (February) and a June trip to Sydney. The Boingo rep posted here and asked me to PM my user ID so she could check into it, which I did on June 29th. The same day the Boingo rep responded that she would look into it right away.

The only substantive response I received was on July 9, 2010, and that response was only about the Madrid problems I was having in February. The response was:

Unfortunately, all Starbucks locations in Madrid have been recently marked "Not Active", so they will not appear in the location search - we're working with BT Openzone to determine why. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Additionally, upon detailed investigation, we are able to see *some* successful Boingo Mobile logins at Telefonica locations (in hotels) over the past 30 days.

However, we are also seeing some peculiar behavior with our Telefonica locations in Spain. The error message you received "Invalid username/password" indicates an authentication failure, however this does not appear in our logs. Therefore, your username and password are being denied by the operator, not Boingo, and we're working to figure out why.

We also see that you successfully connected a few times in June, which indicates that this issue is not isolated to your account.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions! We’re working with Telefonica and BT Openzone to get to the bottom of this.

Haven't heard from them since. So, it seems that the problem I reported re Madrid in February is still a problem in July, don't know what if anything they did with my complaint since February.

And, I have still gotten zero response regarding the Australia problem in June, despite the Boingo rep coming on here and saying it would be taken care of.

So, my conclusion re Boingo Mobile remains the same. If you happen to be in a place where it is working, that's great. But, there are many places where it is supposed to work where it does not, and there is essentially no customer service response to get it working. Certainly nothing that would get it working while you are still there.

Last edited by BigFlyer; Aug 9, 2010 at 8:51 am