FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to buy a suit?
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:04 pm
yvrdude

Location: x-17 yr AC*SE100 1MM, now E50 Gold :(, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, Yadayadayada
BKK trip for suits....

Originally Posted by Cloudship
I am looking for a good excuse to fly somewhere. I need to buy a suit. I know there are places (cities) where you can get a really nice custom suit made real cheap. What are some good suggestions?
Ive had about 80 shirts and 8-10 suits made at Rajas Fashion on Soi 4 in BKK over the past 5 years. I always get the Super 180 fabrics and try to pick the best shirt fabrics and have always been happy. Bobby and Raja always make you feel at home and always do whatever it takes to meet my schedule. I think for the BKK scene they are the top tier. Rajawongse mentioned above is Raja's brither and I've heard good things about them as well. I usually pay about $400 for Super180 suit and 5 shirts. You can get Super 120 probably for $200 range, but the quality difference in the fabric for the 180's is well worth it.

http://www.concierge.com/cntraveler/...6?pageNumber=2

BKK makes a fun trip for shopping and relaxing while you get your suit made as well. Great hotels, great food, great people. Good luck!