FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original matrix.itasoftware.com is now gone?
Old Aug 7, 2010, 1:01 pm
nzpilot

Programs: UA MM Gold
Welcome to FT ITAGiRL. My limited experience in using Matrix 2 is that it is not quite ready for primetime. Here's an example:

Searching for best fare for 30-day window for a 4 night trip MCO/SIN. Best fare calandar shows $1208 RT departing 6 Nov. When clicking through to show flights I get tons of DL options, then it goes to quite expensive multiple airline options. It fails to show any UA only flts.

OTOH, Matrix 1 shows great UA options departing MCO on 6 Nov to SIN, returning 10 Nov.

The power of using language commands in Matrix 1 to limit search to specific fares & airlines is fantastic. I do not see the same power in Matrix 2. As an experienced Matrix 1 user, I find it much more useful.

BTW, on the above example, ITA misses the UA fares of $1198 AI for the exact trip on united.com. Unsure what's up.

Finally, could you please comment on the business model that makes it advantageous for ITA to offer the v useful service to us searchers without taking a cut of a ticket? I've never figured it out, but am thankful....