FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Breakfast with a DL exec and my overall impressions of our conversation.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:44 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ADLFO
I agree that BearX may be on the right track about how the DL execs think about FT, but sbagdon hit the nail on the head in regards to the truth of the matter. Fix the award calendar and give us decent and competitive international SWUs and 90%+ (IMHO) of SkyMiles deficiencies would be rectified. I believe most of DL's high mileage flyers will remain loyal if DL can just become competitive in their FFer program benefits for their higher mileage flyers.
+1. I feel better that DL is finally seeing the wrong turns they took with the merger. Clearly they realize their mistakes and are backtracking after so much negative press and self-realization that the word is out, their FFP isn't really best in class.

That being said, if DL execs had listened more carefully to FT-ers and not continued to cast us as a bunch of outsiders, I think they (from a FFP perspective) would have a lot better of a public image and be doing better from a loyalty perspective. That being said, if the execs continue to think of us as a bunch of good-for-nothing airplane geeks who are impossible to please, it only further goes to show they don't get it. While we probably are on the extreme end of the spectrum, they certainly can make some gestures to build the loyalty ex NW-ers seemed to show to the redtail.