FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Ordering SPML / Special Meal - how, what (consolidated)
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:18 pm
Eliza

Programs: AA Gold, CO Silver
ARCHIVE: Ordering SPML / Special Meal - how, what (consolidated)

I recently booked a Business/First MileSAAver award (Z) from EWR to SJC via ORD and returning from SEA to EWR via DFW. I went with EWR instead of JFK because EWR is much closer to where I’m staying now. But because I misread the information on the AA web site, I didn’t realize that there are no special meals available on non-trans-continental domestic flights. I can only eat gluten-free food.* I didn’t have any problems getting gluten-free meals on BA or South African Airways or on an AA TATL, so I didn’t realize that it would be a problem with AA back home. Is there anything I can do to get a special meal on these flights? Or to get access to ingredient lists for AA’s standard offerings? Or is my best bet just to bring something along.

*While I was on a recent LONE5, I got very sick and had to break my trip and go home for medical tests and treatment. The result was a diagnosis of Celiac Disease and doctor’s orders to be on a strict gluten-free diet. I’m not allowed to eat anything that contains even a small amount of wheat, barley, rye, malt, or most oats, and I need to know the ingredients of everything I eat if it's not specifically designated as gluten-free.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 23, 2013 at 7:54 am Reason: move modnote to wikipost