FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:02 pm
fest

Wirelessly posted (palm: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint Treo850e)

Originally Posted by saacman5033
Originally Posted by Happy
Another proof that the "look back" period Citi uses to screen previous customers are for the cards opened in past 12 to 24 months.
Very similar to my initial guess on the "look back period"

Originally Posted by saacman5033
My best guess from personal experience and various reports on this site is that those who have not had a new Citi card in at least a year are likely to be approved. My wife and I churned these cards for a couple years until last being approved for personal cards in Dec. '09.
After a quick scan of this thread I'm now thinking we may be seeing the "look back" period as a year or less. In my case the "look back" period was only about 8 months. I'm not saying my case will hold true for everyone, the posters I've seen in this thread who have been denied for being previous cardholders have all had their latest citi card this year (2010).
what do you think.i have an active card that is 2.5 yrs old,and i havent applied since a year ago,should i cancel my card and wait a little and then apply or should i just applyany recommendations?thanks

Last edited by fest; Aug 5, 2010 at 8:03 pm