FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Edition Waikiki no longer Marriott (or Edition, for that matter)
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:05 pm
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by kymbakitty
$174 is pretty good, but I just went online, did not log in and got $179 AAA rate and/or $179 Senior Rate (hubby is 62). I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to save $5 a night....but the rates to the general public are nearly as good.
Hmm... I have a bit of a problem with this statement.

AAA and seniors rates are hardly general public rates as there are many in the general public who are less than 62 and/or not AAA members. And FWIW IDs are required for those rates (per the rate rules).

BTW, you do not have to be logged on to get the MR Member rates. All you need is the M11 rate code in the Corporate/promotional code field. You don't even have to have your MR number entered in the Marriott Rewards number field. Like the AAA and senior rates, you do have to show an ID for this rate too (per the rate rules).

I would go so far as to say that there are probably more people booking rooms at Marriott who are already MR members than there are in either of the other two groups you mention. For that matter anyone can become a MR member simply by enrolling online for free so the MR rate of $174 is actually available to everyone in the general public, which cannot be said of the other two rates.