FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:10 am
mrredskin

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by SixString
I was there on a weekend when the lounge was closed. In lieu of the lounge I was given a room service credit of I believe $20, so at least I got something for the trouble. Of course with all the built in fees and gratuities that doesn't get you as much as you think.

I'm puzzled as to what room you got. The shower/bath seemed to be pretty standard sized to me. Unless you got one of the corner rooms with the separate shower stall(which are small) and bathtub. Those rooms are not standard and I believe considered an upgrade.
Also, I never saw a wet bar in any of the rooms. The rooms also do have a fridge...it's in the cabinet below the TV. It's the old minibar fridge that they no longer stock.
it was 2106 i think? anyway, 21st level, turn right, and 2nd to last on the left.

There was ONLY a shower, and it was definitely only made for one person. This room had the wet bar sink and faucet but that was it. Under the cabinet, it was gutted with no fridge. The cabinet below the tv in this room housed the.... wait... did I even open the mini bar fridge, now that i think about it? I'm pretty sure I did. ****, maybe I didn't and the fridge was actually in there. I dunno, now I'M confused :/

If it's closed when I'm there again next weekend, $20 isn't gonna cover it... not even close. shouldn't it be a $50 credit? they "value" the club floor/loung at that amount.

update: 7th day after check-in, and points have not been posted. Emailed a copy of my receipt today. After seeing the St Regis post the day after I stayed (the hotel I stayed at AFTER westin), i had a feeling this was going to happen :/

Last edited by mrredskin; Aug 6, 2010 at 11:01 am