FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 5, 2010, 6:29 am
FindMeTravel

Programs: Amex Plat, DL Plat, UAL Silv, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Avis First
Much has been said about this hotel. Here's my review

Just completed a 5 day trip to Northern California. We (Wife, me and 3.5 year old boy) stayed at 2 Hyatt Properties during our visits; Hyatt Regency San Francisco and Hyatt’s Highlands Inn in Carmel. This was our second visit to the Hyatt Regency in SF and the first to the Highlands Inn.

All in all, Hyatt Regency San Francisco did not disappoint. I’m a Diamond GP member and I redeemed 2 BW nights for the SF part of the trip and purchased an additional AAA breakfast rate night at the HR. I also redeemed a suite certificate for the purchased night which basically ended up getting carried over through the BW nights as well. The Junior suite we got was on the 9th floor wasn’t out of this world… Good bay view , large sitting area and a small bathroom… to put it differently, I didn’t take any pictures of the suite. The AAA rate (first night) included breakfast, which they allowed us to use on the second morning with no problem. We used Hyatt Fit workout room which is one of the better hotel gyms I’ve been to. We got access to the regency club, but with the free breakfast and dinner reservations around town, we only used it for afternoon snacks and beverages. We did stop over to try the hors d'oeuvre one evening and they had Mexican tacos. They were pretty good that we struggled on whether we should just have dinner there… we eventually went out for dinner reservation at the Slanted Door. Other than the breakfast, we didn’t eat at the Eclipse restaurant in the Atrium. We did however, order desserts from there and took it to our room one night. The fruit crisp was left in the oven for too long and it ended up burnt and wasn’t that great… and they didn’t have vanilla ice cream. We paid $25 for the rollaway bed.