FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:46 pm
pssteve

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Some comments on Qantas 747 4 class with 32 PE seats rows 34 thru 37. Both seatexpert and seatguru cover only part of the issues I saw. 36A and K have no window period. 37A and K have 2 mis-alingned windows. Basically only rows 34 and 35 have actual window seats. I don't see any negatives about seats are 34 A and K bulkhead. I would book them in a heart beat. Seats in PE section were comfortable with my only negative being lack of a real foot rest. There was plenty of room for it to extend another 2-3 inches higher but it was designed as a wimp.
One last point. If you are booked on an A 380 which gets changed to a 747 carefully check the new seats. My family was assigned 36F J and K on the A 380 which I understand are 2 aisle seats and a great window seat. When the 747 was substituted Qantas took the lazy route and plopped us into the same 3 seats which are a window seat without a window,and an aisle seat that is in the middle. I was able to correct these issues 2 days before the flight but there were some anxious days while we traveled the Outback between Darwin and Broome.