FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:00 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JumboJ
I'm sure this message is headed my way too. The automated phone system already said I was denied. When I get the letter that you got, I'm going to call and pitch a fit. I applied for the Amex via the 75k offer. They seem to be rejecting people for not being first time card holders when in fact that is NOT what the T&C's of the offer say. They say that the offer is valid only for "new accounts", which this would be (I've never had the Amex before). In fact I would NOT have applied if the T&C's had said that the offer was only for first time card holders. They are adhering to a different set of T&C's than what's posted with the offer.. and that ain't right.
If you have read the long running thread in the Other Credit Card forum, you would know that the language does not matter.

Please do update the thread the outcome when you call to "pitch a fit." We would love to hear successful story on this scenario.