FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old C - compensation received? Compile here!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:37 pm
vbroucek

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by bkkman
No flaming as I am in total agreement with what you have said.
Rest deleted to make this more readable - people can read it in previous post
I also fully agree with you. And I also try to avoid TG roulette. However, as I said, I pay for my tickets, so I will put it this way. If my wife and I are going to holiday in Europe and we buy two C class tickets on LH via BKK (hence flying TG between Australia and BKK) each ticket is about A$1,300 cheaper than on LH via SIN (i.e. flying SQ between Australia and SIN). A$2,600 then goes towards something else – in our case towards leasing brand new car for 30 days. That is called budgeting.

Luckily, we never had the pleasure of old configuration and hopefully will not have. Luckily again, it seems that LH is going to have same cost via SIN and BKK from now on (at least I could book MEL-SIN-FRA and MEL-BKK-FRA round trips for exactly the same money recently) and I will be able to avoid flying TG. Actually not because of TG, but because of BKK. God I hate that airport…

Finally, I am not discouraging people from going and asking for compensation (I WOULD ASK TOO) – I am just saying that they should not expect it. If they get it, they should be happy, but not expect it.