FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:10 pm
SixString

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mrredskin
WARNING to those who may be staying on high vacancy days. The lady overseeing the lounge this past weekend said that the lounge will be closed on certain days (tonight (Sunday) being one of those)).

My only two complaints would be with the shower in the standard King - VERY small, and also the large, vacant space below the wet bar area that could easily house a mini-fridge. Not a big deal since you're on the club floor, but it's just wasted space in it's current state. I usually like having a cold one or three at my disposal.
I was there on a weekend when the lounge was closed. In lieu of the lounge I was given a room service credit of I believe $20, so at least I got something for the trouble. Of course with all the built in fees and gratuities that doesn't get you as much as you think.

I'm puzzled as to what room you got. The shower/bath seemed to be pretty standard sized to me. Unless you got one of the corner rooms with the separate shower stall(which are small) and bathtub. Those rooms are not standard and I believe considered an upgrade.
Also, I never saw a wet bar in any of the rooms. The rooms also do have a fridge...it's in the cabinet below the TV. It's the old minibar fridge that they no longer stock.