FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:32 pm
elitetraveler
Suspended

Originally Posted by m_abbott
I'm arriving in T3 on AA 100 from JFK, connecting to BA to CPH out of T5. 3:30 connection time. This will be mi first time on LHR. Do I have to go to T5 landside or airside?? And on my way back to JFK from CPH do I have to check in on AA counter or BA??

PS: if I only have J ticket for my JFK-LHR flight could I still use the arrival lounge BA or AA lounge???
1. You can go airside via a transfer bus from T3 to T5

2. In CPH you will check in with BA. Assuming both tickets are in the same record BA in CPH can give you your LHR-JFK AA bp. If not you will go to the AA transit desk at T3 - again all airside.

3. If you transfer directly to T5 you can use the BA J lounge as a OW Sapphire. There are two J lounges in the main building and one in 5B, but you would only go there if your flight to CPH departs from a B gate. The T5 BA J lounges have shower facilities so no need to go landside. Make sure you have your AA Plat card as BA requires it and your BP for lounge entry. You will also have access to a BA lounge departing CPH on your return.