FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:32 pm
mrredskin

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Just completed my Free Weekend Night stay earlier today.

Parked in the $15 garage behind the hotel. Ended up costing $27 since we left for a few hours last night :/ Very convenient to hotel. Recommendation: Drive up to 5th or 6th level, then proceed to exit and park near the 4th Entrance. This gets you to the side entrance of the hotel and walking by all the Old Money dining near that 88 restaurant and all the 20/30 y/o clientele trying to bag em a triple digit salary at the St Regis Bar.

Check-in was easy, altho no upgrade when acquiring about one for "a lowly gold member". I did notice that practically every room on 8th level was full. I had 806 I believe.

Took advantage of a Concierge for the first time in my life, I believe. Darius (I think that was his name... European I believe) helped out quite a bit, with everything from the Bentley to Aquarium tix, to a couple of spoons.

Had reservations at Fogo de Chao (I splurged this weekend, for sure) at 6 and had Alou drive us there in the black Bentley around a quarter to. Maaaaaan oh man was this an experience. Super-nice ride. $240k is a bit steep for my blood, tho! He picked us up after dinner and took a few pictures of the gf and I standing by it when we returned.

Headed out to Lenox Square and Total Wine after dinner (stocked up on Oak Grove Merlot, Red Stripe Light, and Old Milwaukee Light ). Came back with my blue and white Rubbermaid Cooler while walking between all the Old Money and just smiled.

The room was just incredible. Never been in one that nice, before. The controls on the phone and at the entrance to the room were just crazy-awesome. Soaking tub was a nice addition, especially with the sliding mirrored panels that separate the sleeping area to with the HUGE bathroom. And, what is this? A TV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MIRROR at one of the bathroom sinks?!?!? Ohhhhh baby, order me one for home right now!!!

Five minutes after arriving back at the room, Darius had our GA Aquarium tickets delivered. We had him reserve us two just 10 minutes prior. 10 minutes after that, Butler delivered two spoons on some of that fancy-like cloth.

Requested a wake-up call for 9am just for the hell of it. Called exactly at 9am and was asked if we would like any coffee or tea. I requested coffee, and had it delivered less than 10 minutes later on a nice tray with my Sunday edition of the AJC.

I doubt I would ever pay $250 a night here when I can get others in the area for half that, but honestly, for all the amenities, it's not THAT bad of a rate for a weekend getaway and some spoiling.