FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:14 pm
mrredskin

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
i'll double-up on el_tigre's review. Very impressed with the hotel and lounge. This was my first experience with a *wood club lounge. My last, and only, before this, was at the Hilton Washington. Didn't take advantage of complimentary alcohol since i'm on some 'scripts for allergies right now :/ Staff around the lounge was very friendly. All of the food I had was good.

WARNING to those who may be staying on high vacancy days. The lady overseeing the lounge this past weekend said that the lounge will be closed on certain days (tonight (Sunday) being one of those)). I would be very disappointed and having a talk with the manager had I booked a rate in which I were to receive lounge benefits, only to find out it is closed because they can't fill up a certain amount of rooms.

Valet was easy, and staff was very accommodating. Lenox Square Mall is literally across a two-lane road, the W is dwarfed by the Westin, just a couple of buildings down towards downtown. Did not inquire about any upgrades since I was already getting a club floor room for a good rate. My only two complaints would be with the shower in the standard King - VERY small, and also the large, vacant space below the wet bar area that could easily house a mini-fridge. Not a big deal since you're on the club floor, but it's just wasted space in it's current state. I usually like having a cold one or three at my disposal.

Again, very impressed for $99 rate thru travelzoo. hopefully the club will be open when i return in two weekends for dodgers-braves series