FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:59 am
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Just spent another night at this great hotel, my last being about a year ago. It is indeed a gorgeous property. This stay we had room 1654, a club floor room, which faced nothing but another building on Drumm Street. It was very large and contemporary. My only objection was that the bathroom vanity/sink area is not separated from the bedroom by a door. If one person needs to get up and dressed earlier than the other, the noise will probably disturb the other. I don't remember this layout in the many other rooms I have stayed in at this hotel.

The club, as others have noted, is probably the best of all Hyatt properties in the U.S., and I have stayed at many. Evening selections were outstanding and even included clam chowder soup.

We stayed on the AAA Breakfast Rate. Unlike many Hyatt's which limit you to a mediocre buffet or a small credit towards a menu entree, this hotel gives you the choice of the buffet or any entree and beverage off the menu. The crab cakes Benedict were large and very tasty. The Grand Hyatt SF also gives guests on this plan the same options, while the Hyatt SFO Airport allows only the buffet or a $10 credit towards menu items.